Remember I mentioned that my acne went away for a couple of years, before my pregnancies? During that time I used a skin care line called Nutra-Lift. I saw a pretty little ad for this company in a natural health magazine at Whole Foods, and thought I would check it out.
Nutra-Lift has won many awards. Most of their products pass my tests on ingredient safety, and quality and quantity (for this price range). I found them to be very effective during the time I used them, and got several compliments on my skin. Now, the line has expanded greatly since I last used it, so there are some new ones I haven’t tried yet, but I checked the ingredient lists (that are easily visible on the website for each product), and found very few questionable ingredients (I have yet to find a product line with no questionable ingredients…at least they are at the bottom of the list, which means very low amounts). The ingredients that they are marketing for functionality and performance are right at the top of the list, as they should be.
Products I especially like from this line:
- Herbal Non-Soap Cleanser
- Hyaluronic Serum
- Advanced Maximum Eye Repair
- Mango Facial Peel & Mask
- Wrinkle Repair Ultra
- One Step Treatment
- Rejuvenating A Nano Reneu
- Maximum C Ultra Serum
- White Chocolate Mousse Mask (but don’t eat it!)
- Silver Plus Ultra Facial Toner
- Acne Defense Good for All Ages
The products I am a little wary of and why:
- Lash Reneu (I’m not sure how I feel about lash growth products in general, because there are side effects that can be permanent).
- Collagen Reneu, because topically applied collagen is not bioavailable, therefore it is not effective.
- Night Repair Fluid STEM CELL THERAPY because the stem cell ingredient is quite a few ingredients down on the list…I don’t think it is a high enough concentration to be effective. However, the top ingredients and other ingredients are all good ones so I still think it would be a good night treatment.
- Day Moisture SPF 25, because besides the sunscreen ingredients, the other performance ingredients are low on the list. Also, when you use chemical sunscreen ingredients, you need to pack the formulation full of antioxidant ingredients to neutralize the free radicals caused by the sunscreen ingredients. This product doesn’t do that. The other sunscreen they offer does.
- Hydra-Lipo Night Cream, because the top ingredients are not performance ingredients, and there aren’t many performance ingredients at all. Their other night treatments are much better. Judging from its outdated packaging, it looks like it is on its way out of the line anyway.
- Grapeseed Foaming Face Polish: this claims to be a cleanser, exfoliant and toner in one, but I feel that the granules are too large for the face and I don’t think the face should be exfoliated with a scrub everyday. Too abrasive, and can cause problems like broken capillaries. This would be a great body scrub though.
The cleansers range from $19 (4 oz) to $24 (8 oz)The moisturizers, serums, eye creams and masks all range from $18 to $59, with most of them being in the $30 range.
I think they offer a good amount of product for the money, and high quality ingredients in adequate concentrations. I think this line less money than you would pay in a department store or makeup store like Ulta or Sephora, and a better quality product line. They also ofter money-saving gift sets, and special offers.
Nutra-Lift really echoes my philosophy of fusion. They use some great natural, organic ingredients, and also offer the most current technology, packing the products with powerful peptides, including trademarked ones like Matrixyl 3000 and Argireline, antioxidants, including Alpha Lipoic Acid and Resveratrol, and amino acids like L-Carnitine, and my some of my favorites, Ester C, Hyaluronic Acid, and DMAE.
Where To Buy
To my knowledge, Nutra-Lift is not sold in stores. It is available on their website, as well as from some sellers on Amazon, and other sites online. I always purchased from their website, and they do have special deals and sales often, which I still get mail about.
I think the majority of their skin care products are great. I have not tried the foundation or hair care yet, but the ingredients are good and they appear to be well formulated. I’m sure they are on par with the skin care.
For more information visit http://nutra-lift.com.