Booking for this spring’s Spa Week is going on now! One of my favorite times of year, Spa Week, is back and is celebrating its 16th edition of making the spa and wellness lifestyle accessible and affordable to spa-goers in every major city of the US as well as Toronto.
Famous for biannual $50 spa treatments since 2004, Spa Week has proven that they only get better with age. It all began in NYC with just a few spas, and in just 16 Spa Weeks the finest salons, spas, and wellness centers across the nation and now in Toronto are offering their signature treatments, classes, and workshops for only $50.
This spring, from April 16-22, celebrate Spa Week’s Sweet Sixteen. You’ll find a wealth of health, wellness and beauty benefits in the countless treatments to choose from. The hardest part: deciding which one is right for you.
You all know I love writing about different ingredients and spa treatments on Holistically Haute™. Many Spa Week spas feature special ingredients in their signature treatments too. Here’s a small sampling of some of the spas who are participating in this spring’s Spa Week. Check out their sweet featured ingredients and their even sweeter benefits:
16 SWEET Spa Week Ingredients + Their Benefits
1. CHOCOLATE: Our skin craves chocolate as much as we do. Chocolate is rich in antioxidants and is high in magnesium which promotes cell growth, repairs tissues, and absorbs nutrients. The fats in this sweet treat also moisturize and work as anti-inflammatory agents. Have your chocolate cake and cover yourself in it too! $50 Treatment to try: 50 Min Chocolate Scented Massage from The Chocolate Day Spa in Costa Mesa, CA
2. DIAMONDS: Diamonds really are a girl’s best friend. Diamond microdermabrasion is a simple and painless way to reduce wrinkles, acne, age spots, and stretch marks. No chemicals or anesthesia are used in the procedure, which makes it a non-invasive option. Diamonds are forever and can help you feel forever young. $50 Treatment to try: DiamondTome™ Microdermabrasion at Bella Pelle Medspa & Laser in Lake Geneva, WI
3. HOT STEAM: For best results get hot & steamy. Hot steam warms up the muscles for a deeper massage and opens pores to make scrubs more effective. Afterwards, steam helps speed up your body’s ability to release toxins following a massage and gets rid of the lactic acid build-up so your muscles aren’t sore. Now those are some steamy spa secrets! $50 Treatment to try: 50 Min Body Polishing with Vichy Shower, Steam, & Sauna Treatment at Elizabeth Adam Salon and Day Spa in Chicago, IL
4. FLASHING LIGHTS: Flashing lights are all the rave. Spa Rave, that is. This is a very broad category; various light treatments are used for everything from anti-aging remedies and laser hair removal, to the relief of muscle and joint pain. Flashes can minimize fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin tone, and restore skin’s natural cellular collagen activity. $50 Treatment to try: 60 Min Natural Face Lift with LED Technology & Plant Stem Cell Serum at Namaste Organic Spa in Ridgewood, NJ.
5. CHAMPAGNE: Champagne is perfect for celebrations, but it’s also perfect for pre-toast preparations. Pour a little on your hair for smooth and silky results. It even packs more vitamin C and E than your average toning and anti-aging products. Take a different kind of bubble bath and your favorite champagne can help exfoliate dry, dull skin. Cheers to that! $50 Treatment to try: 50 Min Luxurious Champagne Facial at V Spa at Hilton Anatole in Dallas, TX.
6. VITAMIN C: We know Vitamin C is good for us, but did you know that Vitamin C is the key to the production of collagen? Vitamin C also helps create scar tissue and ligaments, and it helps your skin repair itself. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that reduces skin dryness, fine lines and wrinkles. $50 Treatment to try: 75 Min “Power-C Peel Infusion with Head & Neck Massage at Boston Skin Solutions in Brookline, MA.
7. NEEDLES: Needless to say, most of us don’t enjoy being stuck with a needle. But the body interprets acupuncture as a positive injury, which in turn stimulates collagen and elastin production, eliminating fine lines and tightening facial pores. Acupuncture also restores overall health and well being. $50 Treatment to try: 50 Min Acupuncture session at Mar Vista Health Center in Los Angeles, CA.
8. ACID: Forget the jeans, get an acid washed face. Glycolic, salicylic and lactic acids are all used as chemical peels to enhance the skin. $50 Treatment to try: Lactic or Jessner Facial Peel at CosMedica in Wakefield, MA.
9. GINGER: No need being gingerly with this secret ingredient in your beauty routine. Ginger can increase skin’s radiance and decrease inflammation that may contribute to conditions such as psoriasis and acne. Ginger is an antioxidant and improves skin tone, lightens age spots and fights blemishes. $50 Treatment to try: 60 Min Mango Therapeutic Body Massage with Mango-Ginger Foot Scrub at Calm Studio in Philadelphia, PA.
10. SEAWEED: Seaweed is the superfood of the sea. It restores moisture levels, revitalizes and firms the skin, nourishes, oxygenates and detoxifies the skin, reduces the appearance of cellulite, improves skin texture and tone, and even makes hair shiny. $50 Treatment to try: 60 Min Seaweed Deep Pore Cleansing Facial at O Spa in Brooklyn & Garden City, NY.
11. 24K GOLD: Cleopatra was said to sleep in a gold face mask every night to preserve luminosity. Gold can retain the collagen within the skin, leading to youthful appearing skin. Gold can even ward off UV damage, tighten lax skin and reduce the appearance of discoloration. $50 Treatment to try: 60 Min 24 Karat Nano Platinum & Gold Facial by Cosme Proud at Spa Martier in NYC.
12. LAVA STONES: These hot rocks soothe the body to the core. Used as a specialty massage for treating muscle pain, stone massage is a soothing, relaxing form of massage where the heated stones provide intense relief to tight muscles. $50 Treatment to try: 60 Min Lava Shell Massage at Carrollton Square Spa just outside of Dallas, TX
13. IONS: If the eyes are the gateway to the soul, maybe your feet are the gateways to your health? A relaxing foot bath with a high level of negative ions utilizes principles of reflexology, ionization and osmosis, creating a positive cellular environment that helps the body eliminate toxins. Negative ions create a positive effect. $50 Treatment to try: 50 Min Oxygen Inhalation in Serente’s Zero Gravity Chair & Ion Detox Foot Treatment at Serente Spa in Houston, TX.
14. LAVENDER: Good for the mind, body & soul. Lavender works well for acne, eczema, dermatitis, burns, and wounds. It makes a refreshing astringent and an effective moisturizer. It can alleviate aches, pains, and support a calm composure and reduce stress. It helps us sleep. I think we could all use a little more lavender in our lives. $50 Treatment to try: 50 Min AVEDA Lavender & Sage Stress-Fix Massage at Essentials Salon & Spa in Doylestown, PA.
15. INFRARED: The penetrating heat of infrared heat can be used to promote the breakdown of fat under the skin and improve circulation around fat. This allows for detoxification leaving you feeling energetic and refreshed, and best of all – a few pounds lighter! $50 Treatment to try: 90 Min Sudatonic Infrared Weightloss Wrap at 3 Wrapped in Wellness locations: Dallas, Ft. Worth and Houston, TX.
16. GREEN TEA: Green tea goes more than skin deep. Green tea is a great antioxidant with anti-aging benefits for a beautiful, healthy skin. It can be used as a hydrating facial that will eliminate toxins from the surface of your skin. Its consumption has also been widely recognized to accelerate metabolism. $50 Treatment to try: 50 Min Green Tea Purifying Back Facial at Naturally Bare by Deidre in Los Angeles, CA
*The treatments listed above are simply a sampling of the great variety of treatments Spa Week participating spas offer. I have not personally experienced these treatments at these spas, nor am I or Holistically Haute, LLC specifically recommending these treatments at these spas or accepting any responsibility or liability for any of these treatments or facilities.